There is no question that the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected the retail sector, triggering limited leasing and rising vacancy levels.
In Edition 4, we provide a macro overview on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic relating to vacancy within Phnom Penh’s retail sector. In Retail Insights Edition 4 we cover the following:
- Vacancy trends from 2019 to Q4 2020.
- A breakdown of vacancy rates/levels by districts (submarkets).
- Retail vacancies by retail categories as of Q4 2020.
- Retail vacancy breakdown by retail classification.
KEY TAKEAWAYS IN EDITION 4 INCLUDE:
- Total existing retail supply stands at 370,781 sq.m as of year-end 2020.
- In Q4 2020, vacancy levels reached 16,247 sq.m
- The Chamkarmon district recorded the highest vacancy levels in Q4, 2020 with 4,825 sq.m of vacant retail space.
- Food & Beverage operators accounted for 9,492 sq.m in new vacancies.
- Community Malls experienced the highest levels of retail vacancy among other modern retail classifications, with 9,565 sq.m of vacant retail space.
The Mall Company is a real estate agency in Phnom Penh and is considered as Cambodia’s commercial and retail leasing specialist for shopping complexes, from the smallest boutique retail plazas to the largest shopping centers. We provide full and exclusive property management from retail management, leasing, marketing, and retail consultancy. The Mall Company is working with a strong team to develop all our projects to become unique retail destinations in Cambodia.
> For more information, contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +855 89 999 681 / +855 93 999 621