Many people are aware of Chip Mong MegaMall, Aeon 3, Diamond Plaza and Eco Mall (Peng Houth) as major malls coming on-line 2021 and 2023.
These malls as well as community malls such as Boueng Snor Food Village and WB Arena are all located within Chbar Ampov (South-East) and Meanchey (South).
In Edition 2, Retail Insights, we share:
- Population Size and Density of Chbar Ampov and Meanchey as of 2020.
- The Number of Retail Properties by Development Phase and Retail Classification in both Chbar Ampov and Meanchey.
- Trade Areas within Chbar Ampov and Meanchey communes.
- Retail Supply (NLA) contributions by Development Phase and Retail Classification within Chbar Ampov and Meanchey.
Key Findings in Edition 2, Retail Insights include:
- Modern retail supply in Chbar Ampov as of today heavily focuses on food & beverage and convenience with over 85% of supply dedicated to these uses. This provides an opportunity and a gap in the market for main-stream fashion, services, and entertainment to enter the location and capitalize on the strength of the demographic.
- Meanchey’s increase of modern retail supply destined for Boueng Tumpun and Chak Angre creates a highly competitive market. With COVID dampening demand, supply may outstrip demand resulting in a Tenant Led market creating an opportunity for retail occupiers to negotiate favorable lease conditions. For mall developers, flexible leasing strategies are required as well as creative trade zoning / zone use, clearly identifiable mall concepts and looking beyond Cambodia to attract new brands with particular attention to attracting key anchor tenants.
The Mall Company is a real estate agency in Phnom Penh and is considered as Cambodia’s commercial and retail leasing specialist for shopping complexes, from the smallest boutique retail plazas to the largest shopping centers. We provide full and exclusive property management from retail management, leasing, marketing, and retail consultancy. The Mall Company is working with a strong team to develop all our projects to become unique retail destinations in Cambodia.
> For more information, contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +855 89 999 681 / +855 93 999 621