It has been 2 years since COVID-19 affected Cambodia’s retail sector with the pandemic keeping consumers away from shopping malls and entertainment concepts like Cinema’s and playgrounds having been hit particularly hard.
Consumers today are constantly seeking new experiences forcing retail real estate developers to follow the trend known as “retailtainment”.
In Retail Insights Edition 6 we cover:
- Defining the concept of retailtainment / experiential retail
- The importance of retailtainment
- Examples of retailtainment concepts incorporated into retail centres
- Existing supply (sq.m) of Retailtainment related trade in Phnom Penh
Key takeaways in Edition 6 include:
- 77% of millennials prefer to spend on experiences over goods
- 40% of Gen Z’s prefer to spend on experiences over goods
- As of Q3 2022, existing supply retailtainment related trade in Phnom Penh reached 33,310 sq.m
- Cinema’s accounted for 78.4% of Phnom Penh’s total existing supply of retailtainment space as of Q3 2022.
The Mall Company is a real estate agency in Phnom Penh and is considered as Cambodia’s commercial and retail leasing specialist for shopping complexes, from the smallest boutique retail plazas to the largest shopping centers. We provide full and exclusive property management from retail management, leasing, marketing, and retail consultancy. The Mall Company is working with a strong team to develop all our projects to become unique retail destinations in Cambodia.
> For more information, contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +855 89 999 681 / +855 93 999 621